Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Is I file emergency sole custody of my own children, will

Customer Question
Is I file emergency sole...

Is I file emergency sole custody of my own children, will that cancel out the special custody?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Family Law
10/5/2017
Family Lawyer: KJL LAW, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
KJL LAW
KJL LAW, Lawyer

G​ood morning. If you file for sole custody, and it is granted that will cancel out the special custody. A new order will be issued by the court regarding the new terms of your custody.

I hope this helps.

It was a pleasure assisting you today, and I would appreciate if you would rate my service, so I will receive credit and payment for my work. After you rate the question you can ask follow up questions, and you will not be charged any additional money for the follow-up questions.

The special custody is done because of allegations against my wife, since my wife is consenting to sole custody won’t that help

Y​es. If she agrees to sole custody, especially if there was a history against your wife, and special custody is in place, the court will most likely award you full custody.

There is no history on my wife
In my emergency sole custody do I need to include why there special custody is full of lies

Y​es, you must include all of the reasons why there is special custody, even if you are apply for emergency custody. Remember, the court will obtain the record of why special custody was granted. You must detail what is not true.

It hasn’t been granted only one hearing has been done

Even if there is only one hearing, under he law the court must be informed of all known facts in relation to the custody petition.

KJL LAW
KJL LAW
KJL LAW, Lawyer