Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My children and I are disable life happened and now we are…

Customer Question
My children and...

My children and I are disable life happened and now we are homeless living in the shelter due to my diagnosis and that of my children we were not to be placed in the shelter. But it is what it is now the house manager is on a power trip she calls cps on everybody to get their kids taking away she goes that our personal belongings and is constantly threatening me and my children that she will put us out. I took it for as long as I could and tonight i had to call nassau county police because she stated in on my son and when he stood up for himself then she stated for us to go but when the police got involved she changed her story but is downstairs with the other clients informing them that she is going to get my but. A person with Post traumatic stress disorder I doubt it I have been in constant contact with Dr. Nyryan who has been treating me over the last 6 years going on 7. it is causing my 7 year old who suffers fro autisim to act out and my older son to act out this is not fair and dss is no better because when you complain to them they threaten us as well I am looking for a lawyer who is not afraid to go up against DSS and Petals Bowen the house manager my children and I deserve justice I hope you can help me

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Is this a family law case or a civil case as all of our civil rights have been violated

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No I am trying to find one

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No other than we need help asap

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Family Law
10/5/2017
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 10 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation.

I need a lawyer to respresent me and my children for the harrassment that we have endured during our stay at new beginning shelter. Dss is also at fault because they continue to threaten me as well I have a fair hearing with them on October 11, 2017 and I would like to have legal representation with me. Dr. Nyryan who is my doctor is fully aware of what is going on. Now since I called nassau county last night now I have to go to DSS take my older son who is sick and go there because I stood up for my rights??? If she was not threatened by people who have intelligence then why do I have to go to Dss. Is there a lawyer who can help me

Thank you for the information. I am so sorry once more to read about your difficulties.

Unfortunately, this site does not offer legal representation. You need to reach out to Nassau County Bar Association and legal services in your area for assistance. Click here for more information on legal services organization in Nassau County.

Best wishes,