Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

We have been together for 36 years, I can go to get licence,

Customer Question
We have been together...

We have been together for 36 years, I can go to get licence, however my partner is in the hospital, not doin well, is there any

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Way we can get the licence ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Family Law
In the state of Pennsylvania. County of Butler
Any answer yet or part of it ?
Marriage licence ?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
10/5/2017
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 10 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Under PA laws, both parties applying for a marriage license must personally appear before the register of wills office. If your partner cannot at least appear in the office to sign the license application and present identification, if you are in a small town the clerk may agree to go to the hospital and get the identification and get your partner to sign the license in person to make sure they are mentally competent, but they do not have to do so and the law says both parties must appear before the clerk to sign.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.