Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My ex defaulted on child support under our divorce agreement…

My ex defaulted on child...
My ex defaulted on child support under our divorce agreement when our child came to live with me from his grandma. The court wrote him and he went for a lawyer who wrote to me with arrangement of visitation. this was between the 2 of them. I was not part of this arrangement. What are my options
10/4/2017
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Do you have legal custody of the child?

The child has been staying with me since his return from Ghana. He sometimes visits the dad until the court wrote to him about his child support default then his ex lawyer ask him to be take him for the week ends and mid week as indicated in a letter he wrote to me. My ex picked the childe from school last Friday and today too. This arrangement was not done my the court.
he child has been staying with me since his return from Ghana. He sometimes visits the dad until the court wrote to him about his child support default then his ex lawyer ask him to be take him for the week ends and mid week as indicated in a letter he wrote to me. My ex picked the child from school last Friday and today too. This arrangement was not done my the court.

If you have legal custody here call the police.If you don't have custody here you will need to file a motion to modify the divorce decree.You are likely going to need a Maryland lawyer here to enforce your rights.

Lawyer referral

Allegany County(###) ###-####/p>

Anne Arundel County Bar Association - Lawyer Referral and Information Service (LRIS)
Website: http://www.aabar.org/lris.html
P.O. Box 161
Annapolis, Maryland###-##-####br />Phone(###) ###-####/p>

Bar Association of Baltimore City (BABC) - Lawyer Referral and Information Service (LRIS)
Website: http://www.baltimorebar.org/lris/index.html
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Monday - Friday
Phone:(###) ###-####/p>

Baltimore County Bar Association (BCBA) Lawyer Referral and Information Service (LRIS)
Website: http://www.bcba.org/community-resources/lawyer-referral-program/
100 County Courts Building*****br />Towson, MD 21204
Phone:(###) ###-####/p>

Calvert County(###) ###-####/p>

Caroline County(###) ###-####/p>

Carroll County(###) ###-####/p>

Cecil County(###) ###-####/p>

Charles County(###) ###-####/p>

Dorchester County(###) ###-####/p>

Frederick County(###) ###-####/p>

Garrett County(###) ###-####/p>

Harford County(###) ###-####/p>

Howard County
No Referral Serivce was found - Consider using the Lawyer Referral Service for Baltimore County.

Kent County
No Referral Service was found - Consider using the Lawyer Referral Service in either Baltimore County or Queen Anne's County.

Montgomery County Bar Association - Lawyer Referral Service
Website: http://www.barmont.org/general/custom.asp?page=24
Phone:(###) ###-####(Telephone calls only - no walk-ins referrals are allowed)
Normal Business Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Monday through Friday(###) ###-####/p>

Prince George’s County Bar Association - Lawyer Referral Service
Website: http://www.pgcba.com/Lawyer%20Referral%20Service/LRS.aspx
14330 Old Marlboro Pike
Upper Marlboro, Maryland 20772
Phone:(###) ###-####/p>

Queen Anne County(###) ###-####/p>

Saint Mary's County
No Referral Serivce was found. Consider using the Lawyer Referral Service in Charles County or Calvert County.

Somerset County(###) ###-####/p>

Talbot County(###) ###-####/p>

Washington County
No Referral Service was found. Consider using the Lawyer Referral Service in Allegany County, Frederick County, or Baltimore County.

Wicomico County(###) ###-####/p>

Worcester County(###) ###-####/p>

Should the modification be done by lawyer or I can do it myself. In the interim what can I do to stop him from getting the child from school.

You can either do it yourself or use local family lawyer.

ok thanks

You are so welcome thanks for rating 5 stars at top of page.Good luck here with all.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer