Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am recently divorced in Florida. I have met a women who is…

Customer Question
I am recently divorced in...
I am recently divorced in Florida. I have met a women who is still married. She filed for divorce two years ago. Her husband agreed before he was diagnosed with a brain tumor. They have not lived as husband and wife in years. Now, he will not give her a divorce. She is not the primary care giver. If she moves in with me, what should I know?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Family Law
10/5/2017
Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. She can proceed and divorce him, if she desire. The fact that he does not want to get divorced, does not mean she has to remain married to him and can advance this and have it ordered. If she wants to move in with you, she can, if she has separated from him but until she is divorced from him, you could not get married.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!