Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My son works for a factory in Tennessee, and couple ladies…

Customer Question
My son works for a...
My son works for a factory in Tennessee, and couple ladies have filed a sexual complaint on him which he says is not true.
The boss has talked to both parties, they have now separated each of them till a decision has been reached. The decision is suppose to be tomorrow by HR. Do they have to file a paper complaint thus allowing my son to see what is being alleged against him?
And should he have an attorney with him, not sure if meeting will be during work hours or not, and I had him ask the boss if he needed to get an attorney and he said no, they just needed to clear this up. One of the ladies owes my son $ 70.00 and he ask for it back, and this is what happened.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Family Law
10/4/2017
Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. I am sorry to hear about what he is going through. If he already made a statement and spoke about this, it may be a little late for an attorney. Depending on how this is resolved and if this is in his record, within the company, he may want to retain an attorney, to look into and see if there is a valid basis, for them to reach the decision that they did. It is possible that as a result of him asking for the money back, she is retaliating against him and doing this but it could result to his termination, if they believe the women. If so, he may have a basis to sue, depending on if he is an at will employee or if he has a contract.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!