Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My daughter is wanting to evict a 6 year live in who is

Customer Question
My daughter is wanting...

My daughter is wanting to evict a 6 year live in who is viciously cruel, abusive mentally & physically and refuses to move out with all his belongings. She was given a temperory (

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

My daughter wants to evict a 6 year live in (not married) He refuses to leave, & if he does will take all appliances & furniture. She got a temporary protection order, they went to court & he said he has a lawyer who could not appear today, to request removal of the protection order. the protection order has been extended two weeks when they & their attorneys will appear before the judge again. All she wants is for him is to move out of the house (her house) & take his belongings. She wants out of an abusive relationship. She is on SS disability, & he earns 3 times as much a month, and begrudges any small amount he is asked for payment of household expenses.what are her rights?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

She is 58 Y/O and cannot tolerate his behavior any longer.If the protection order is broken he will bully his way back in, his abusive behavior will be intolerable, and he will not leave without force. He says he has no place to go, though, he is employed & is an able-bodied 48 Y/O man. What can she do?He has a way of making people feel sorry for him, a manipulator.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Family Law
10/4/2017
Family Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Can you tell me what state this is in?

.

Does she own the house?

.

Is he supposed to pay any rent under either a verbal or oral agreement?

.

.

thanks