Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My husband and I have 3 children. They are in 3rd, 7th, and…

Customer Question
My husband and I have...
My husband and I have 3 children. They are in 3rd, 7th, and 9th grade. We have the opportunity to travel for family and business reasons. We Would be leaving for a month. Is this possible with school?
Would I need to register them in the new school for a month then reregister them when we get back or can we do home or online school? Or is there any thing else the school offers that I am unaware of? Thanks
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
10/4/2017
Family Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Most school districts recognize travel as an educational experience so many schools will develop a plan whereby the school/parent work together to create a lesson plan with a certain number of hours while traveling; they typically require a daily log of time/hours, and a diary. Then when the student returns they generally must complete a project/presentation summarizing their experience.

For example please see:

http://schools.nyc.gov/documents/teachandlearn/project_basedFinal.pdf

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here:

LegalGems
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer