Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My son had sex with an under age girl in 1997. I lived with…

Customer Question
My son had sex...

My son had sex with an under age girl in 1997 . I lived with the girls father . My husband died and my son got on drugs , Jackie had a crush on my son and things happened , I found out and and l thought it best to separate . Jackie wouldn't stop calling my son and he felt responsible because he was older and wasn't thinking straight , she was threating to harm herself if she couldn't be with David . She took too many birth control pills and went to the hospital . The state brought charges on David not the parents they liked David but wanted him to stay away from Jackie until she was eighteen. David was adjudicated with probation and not to have any contact , which he did .He was't to be put on this website, but was told he had to be on it for 10 years. It is now twenty years , and he and Jackie are now married 15 years, with 3 beautiful children , whom are now teenagers . It's very unfair to pay the price for being in love the rest of your life . It's been a nightmare because he can't support his family, or find a place to live. Is there anything that can be done to give him back his life

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Do you mean resent or at the time of hyena incident

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think that's it , but my son David and Jackie can give more details

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Family Law
10/4/2017
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 10 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your son's difficulties.

Just to be clear, is your son on Sex Offender Registry?

If so, who told him he only had to be on the Registry for only ten years?

Why are they refusing to remove his name from the Registry after the ten year period?

Thank you for your cooperation.