Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I need to know about a protection order that i got to

Customer Question
Second opinion] I need...

Second opinion] I need to know about a protection order that i got to protect my children from their dad

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I need an answer now

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Family Law
After getting the order my ex went to children services. They questioned tbe kids then placed them in another home. How will this affect tbe protection order ex parte when i return to court onthe 16th
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I am waiting
I have no answer
10/4/2017
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

It is pretty clear from your facts that he is in contempt for not returning the kids.He would have to motion to modify custody here.You have to decide if you want to go to court for contempt.Any child say 11 or older here can tell the court in custody modification who they want to live with and judge will give it some consideration.

You have option here to take this to court for contempt here, the father failed to return the kids and is in breach.if he files to modify custody it's s 50-50% he might get them.

The court should address the order and may deny visitation or require him to pay for supervised visitation in a neutral family center with monitors.This is common to protect the children by having constant supervision by third a parties that are licensed by the courts to do this.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.Sorry this happened to you.

I answered here to save you the cost of a call and you are free to chat here with any followup you have.Be happy to respond.