Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

This was given a paper to sign regarding child support.

Customer Question
This was given a...

This was given a paper to sign regarding child support

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I'm. Not sure

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Family Law
10/3/2017
Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good evening. Can you please share with me what your question is?

Am. I Able to post a picturr

Sure.

Well I was given an addendum where it states the presumptive child support is 985. 69 for mother and 636 per month for father. Then later it states the award of child support is 349 per month mom shall pay to father.
My question is that meaning 1200 or so dollars a month. Need to make sure I'm getting the numbers right
I will send. A. Picture

Ok. Please do

2 files
I will be the custodial parent.
Hello?

Yes, I am looking at this.

Thank you

Based upon what you shared above, it would appear that you are to pay the father the $349. That figure is a result of the difference between the two numbers in photo one. It states what each party would pay and if you are paying X and the father is paying Y, it would appear you need to pay the difference, which is the $349 it states. The number is $349.38 but it appears the Judge made it an even $349.

Is that on top of the 985 in the first file" the presumptive amount

Is says the father has to pay $636.31. It would not make sense for him to pay you and for you to pay him, so the figure on the second page of $349, would appear to be the difference between the two numbers.

Just so we are clear I am the father. The mom.has filed for this and actually makes significantly more than I 4300 to my 2100. I spend 100% of my time with the children while. Shes. Out doing whatever.. I'm Not mad I just want to make sure I have enough to raise 3 kids 5 8 and 12 alone.
Thank you. Yes. That is what the mother is to pay you. The first screen shot appears to show that each parent would pay based upon the calculations and guidelines. Since she is to pay more, it would appear the $349 is the difference between the two and what she needs to pay you. Now, if you have the kids 100% and have primary custody you could also ask for more
Thank you she is under the impression that she will be giving. Me. 1200 a month or she's telling me. I have not sought council till this moment. The numbers didn't seem Right and your answer has helped confirm that. I really can't afford a lawyer what do you suggest?
Is this what the judge ordered? Did you appear in court?
Not yet. She asked. Me to sign the papers I sent you. But I didn't feel right so i sought a more knowledgeable source for clarification!
You shouldn't sign anything unless you understand it. I think you should retain counsel to review the document in its entirety to make sure you interest is represented. You do not want to sign something and then have to go back and explain to the judge why it needs to be changed and why there is a problem when you signed it

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!