Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

A friend may be incarcerated. She is wanting her 9 year old…

Customer Question
A friend may be incarcerated...
A friend may be incarcerated. She is wanting her 9 year old son to be left in my custodial care in the event of. What form, State of Florida do I need? And can I get it from this site?Thank you,Sharon Noles(###) ###-####***@******.***
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
10/3/2017
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You can do this by power of attorney here, have mother sign it in front of notary

POWER OF ATTORNEY

FOR

CARE AND CUSTODY OF MINOR CHILD(REN)

1.

I am the parent ______ g

uardian_____

(check one)

of the minor child(ren) or protected

person:

________________________ whose date of birth is

______________________ (DOB)

______________________

(DOB)

2.

My address is

__________________________________(street address),

__________________________________(city, state and zip code)

I app

oint the following person as my attorne

y-in-fact for the minor child

(ren)

/protected

person

named above in paragraph 1

:

Name

________________________________________

Address

City, State, Zip Code

a.

To participate in decisions regarding the child(ren)’s education including attending

conferences with the teachers or any other educational authorities, granting permission

for the child(ren)’s participation in school trips and other activities, and making

any

other decisions and executing any documents with respect to the child(ren)’s education.

b.

To grant consent for the child(ren) to participate in any activity which the attorney

-in-

fact feels appropriate

c.

To make health care decisions on behalf of the child(ren), including decisions about

medical,

dental, optometric, or

mental health

care, whether routine or emergency in

nature, including admissions to hospitals or other institutions. To refuse

, consent

or

withdraw consent for any care, tests, treatment,

and surgery

procedure to diagnose or

treat

physical or mental conditions

. To examine the child(ren)’s medical records and to

consent to the disclosure of those records where the attorney

-in-fact thinks it’s

appropriate.

d.

To generally act and execute all other documents which may be necessary or proper to

see to the needs of the child(ren).

e.

EXCLUDED SPECIFICALLY FROM THE AUTHORITY AND POWERS GRANTED TO THE

ATTORNEY-

IN-FACT

:

-

Power or authority to consent to the marriage or adoption of the chid(ren)

-

____________________________________________

-

___________________________________________

-

The powers granted to the attorney

-in-fact shall be in effect until __________________,

20____ (not to exceed six months) or until such time as the undersigned revokes this

document

and the powers of the attorney

-in-fact

in writing

.

Dated this __________ day of _______________________, 20_____.

_________________________ (sign here)

_________________________ (ty

pe or print name)

_________________________ (address)

_________________________ (city, state, zip code)

Signed and sworn to before me this ______ day of ___________________, 20_____

In _________________(city), _____________________ (county) _________________ (state)

.

______________________________

Notary Public

Thanks again and thanks for rating 5 stars.

Thank you so very much for your help!

You are so welcome, thanks for rating at top of page.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer