Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am writing because I have been made aware that the my 3…

Customer Question
Hello, I am writing...

Hello, I am writing because I have been made aware that the my 3 children's bus driver has been putting his hands on them, pinching them, grabbing them by the arms, and saying mean things to them. I have told the principal, and they said that they would look into it.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Delaware

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I don't know. I am currently on the phone with child protection services. I know that the school has a responsibility to, but I don't completely trust that they will resolve the issue

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, that's about it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Family Law
10/3/2017
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

You rightly complained to the principal, but I would take additional steps. Consider a police report which should lead to a faster inquiry, restraining order and cease having the driver come into contact. You also want the school and bus company to react immediately, which may require a lawyer letter as they are responsible under principal-agency theory for such conduct.

You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!