Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My granddaughter is living with me now. Her dad has anger…

Customer Question
Hi my granddaughter is...

Hi my granddaughter is living with me now. Her dad has anger issues and drugs, her mom, (my daughter) has alcohol problems and is trying to get to a rehab. I am my granddaughters guardian at the school, but do I need an order to have legal guardianship?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California, santa clara county

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, just looking for advice on this matter.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/3/2017
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
you should get an order to avoid challenges or problems acting for the child. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Am I looking up info or just lawyers that handle this kind of case. I really don't have the money to hire a lawyer to represent me
Is the $59 in addition to the $42 for just ask chat?

You can use an estate lawyer locally or you can visit the court and the clerks office can help you with the petition to be so appointed. You want to have a timeline of events to help support why you want this relief which would be included in your affidavit.

We can do with chat and no additional fee. Let me know if the reply is fast and acceptable.