Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have a GAL visit this sunday.. I did a free consultation…

Customer Question
I have a GAL...

I have a GAL visit this sunday

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Virginia

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I did a free consultation but I did not discuss the GAL visit considering I didn't know we were going to have one until last week

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, I just want to know what I should discuss during my GAL visit based on my case.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/3/2017
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Ok

You need to set out your plan for having children either visit with you or stay with you if you are seeking custody and visitation.What prep have you made here, their room, activities, can your relatives come and visit too or maybe other children they can play with.

Talk to the GAL about what your plan is to use your time with kids in a positive manner and what plans you have made for them, etc.Its a chance to lay out what you will do with kids if given the chance to either have custody of them or more visitation.

Make sure your place is clean, if you have pics of you with the children or other children say relatives doesn't hurt to have them laying around.Look around your place and get rid of anything that might be problematic, put it in your car trunk or elsewhere.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.