Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My husband was just diagnosed with dementia with aggression.

Customer Question
Hello my husband was...

Hello my husband was just diagnosed with dementia with aggression. we have been together 17 years and legally married 4. Now I've been taking care of financial matters as long as we have been together. His grown children and siblings are trying to take advantage and tell me they will do everything in there power to take him with them. How is that so and I'm his legal wife. what do I do>?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Louisiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not that I know of. I just had him admitted in the hospital last week and I have a session with the doctors and counslers in the morning I'm the only one he gave consent for.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't know what to do. His exwife tried to get his benefits but I hasd them stopped He couldn't answer the questions over the phone correctly so they they are put on hold until further notice. I am married to him but do not carry his last name. I have my marriage license with me for the session in the morning.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
What do I do and how to protect myself as well and no one else can touch his money
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
10/3/2017
Family Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 7 months ago
Michael Bradley

if you want to talk you need to make the request as it is a premium service

if you want to talk after the meeting let me know

Ely, Counselor at Law