Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My case involves child support. I am 73 years old. God

Customer Question
My case involves child...

My case involves child support. I am 73 years old. God blessed me in my advanced age with twins: a little boy and little girl age 9. My ex-wife is 43. The children attend *********** in Highland Park. My only source of income is Social Security Old Age $2500/month and Disabled Veterans Benefits of $1,900/month. I need to have my child support lowered; but, I think I have made a mess of it. One question involves the SS insurance benefits that the children receive because of my Old Age Benefits. It amounts to $1,756/month. Judge ******* has ruled that I am intentionally unemployed and therefore have imputed income of $8,550/month. My question will involve the SS law and its application to my ex as Representative Payees.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Oh oh sorry Dallas TX

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This involves a Guide for Representative Payees published on the web at socialsecurity.gov. The Guide appears to state that the funds go first to food and shelter, 2) then medical (Q. does medical include medical insurance on the children?) 3) Then other things. The Guide does not have references to the law and regs.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Family Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
10/3/2017
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 10 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

deleted

Q. does medical include medical insurance on the children?

Response: Yes. Medical expenses include medical insurance. So, the funds received should be used to pay for food and shelter, medical expenses, and then other things.

Best wishes,