Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My wife has asks separation. She agree that I would keep the…

Customer Question
My wife has asks separation...
My wife has asks separation. She agree that I would keep the house, the loan balance is $248K. I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee. She has an suv and a car - Plus a business that had $503K in sales in 2016. She also agrees to continue to help with payments while our adult kids are in the house.
This is what I want to propose:
"October 02, 2017
My Demand for Separation/Divorce
1-I have a 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee (financed) I will keep
2-Home at***** Manassas Park, VA 20111. (loan balance $248.909)
“Houston A. Hayles will remain in the home at***** Manassas Park VA 2011 and have sole rights to occupy the home during the legal separation. Carmen Hayles will continue to bond for all mortgages on the property during legal separation. The parties agree to share expenses related to the marital home during legal separation as follows: Carmen Hayles will continue to make $1300, which includes half of the mortgages plus utility.
The parties further agree Houston A. Hayles will retain the home located at***** Manassas Park VA 20111 and he have sole and absolute ownership of the same in the event this legal separation is converted to a divorce. Carmen Hayles will not continue to be bound for all mortgages on the property should the legal separation be converted to a divorce. Houston A. Hayles will refinance to property once he’s fully have the bankruptcy filing remove from his credit report.
Retirement Accounts. Carmen Hayles and Houston A. Hayles own and agree to divide their retirement accounts as follow:
Omega World Travel 401K Savings Plan
Financial Institution: Stocks and Bonds
Current Account Owner: Husband 100%
Wife: 0
3-Carmen Hayles:
Will keep her cars and her company C&G Rental & Event Services.
2016 Total Sales of $503,112.00.
With Some Restrictions:
In the event that Carmen Hayles remarries, she must obtain a Pre-Nuptial agreement before the marriage and present it to Houston A. Hayes. This Pre-Nuptial shall be enforced for the lent of the marriage and will restrict any ownership or financial gains. And, shall also cover any new subsidiary that is derive from C&G Rental & Event Services. In the even the company is sold or name changes the circumvent the requirement of the Pre-Nuptial; Houston A. Hayles shall file a suite to have proceeds divided within three principals: Carmen Hayles, Gricelda Hayles and Houston A. Hayles.
Carmen Hayles, shall not take on any additional business partners without 1st getting my permission.
In the event of Carmen Hayles death, the property names as C&G Rental & Event Services must be will to: ***** ***** Hayles, Kayla A. Hayles, Noah A. Hayles.We live in Virginia.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 2 days by:
10/5/2017
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What is your question about this?

Ely, Counselor at Law