Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My wife divorced finalized April 8th 2010 in Oklahoma we…

Customer Question
Second opinion] My wife...

Second opinion] My wife divorced finalized April 8th 2010 in Oklahoma we married April 30th in Texas is it still valid we are no longer together I believe are marriage was in valid due to not wiaiting the 6 mns period sense we lived in Oklahoma

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Divorce was Oklahoma and married within 30 days in texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/2/2017
Family Lawyer: RobertJDFL, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
RobertJDFL, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Good evening,

I have to agree with the previous expert's answer. While the 30 day rule you cite would apply if the divorce was from Texas, because of the "full faith and credit" clause of the Constitution, Oklahoma must honor the marriage. Therefore, the marriage is indeed valid.

If you require any additional information or clarification, please REPLY WITHOUT RATING and I'm happy to help you further. Otherwise, kindly remember to click on the stars at the top of the page to leave me a positive rating as experts are only compensated for our time and efforts once you do so. Thank you.