Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Abuse" question from the point of a step-parent left to do…

Customer Question
Abuse" question from the...

Abuse" question from the point of a step-parent left to do almost all parenting and household duties. Is it abuse to take rebelling children and physically guide them from point A to point B?

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? Have any charges been officially filed?

Idaho

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No charges

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No attorney yet

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
10/2/2017
Family Lawyer: Gerald-Esquire, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Gerald-Esquire

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

No. That is not abuse. Physical contact with the child is not abuse. Normal discipline is NOT abuse. The law defines abuse as follows:

"Conduct or omission resulting in skin bruising, bleeding, malnutrition, burns, fracture of any bone, subdural hematoma, soft tissue swelling, failure to thrive or death, and such condition or death is not justifiably explained, or where the history given concerning such condition or death is at variance with the degree or type of such condition or death, or the circumstances indicate that such condition or death may not be the product of an accidental occurrence; or

(b) Sexual conduct, including rape, molestation, incest, prostitution, obscene or pornographic photographing, filming or depiction for commercial purposes, human trafficking as defined in section 18-8602, Idaho Code, or other similar forms of sexual exploitation harming or threatening the child’s health or welfare or mental injury to the child."

see: https://legislature.idaho.gov/statutesrules/idstat/title16/t16ch16/sect16-1602/

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Gerald-Esquire
Gerald-Esquire
Gerald-Esquire, Lawyer