How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 50767
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

It's a family law questions. North Carolina. I am 22 year

Customer Question

It's a family law questions
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: North Carolina
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am 22 year old mother, to a 4 year old boy and I'm having problems with my child father. He has been harassing my family trying to get in contact with me. He is trying to take my child from me I feel. His name is ***** ***** the birth certificate and he has no connection with my son.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

If you are a single mother and no court orders on visitation you are free to ignore he calls and you are free to move.You have no obligation to have any contact or allow any visitation.If he files suit and serves you then you can deal with this in court.You may want to avoid this person as long as you can.He likely is trying to find address to serve you paternity suit.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could I deny any court order paternity. I live in NC and he lives in Virginia and I don't want my child out of my site.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He has been trying to get his name on the birth certificate and think I will allow him to do that. He made me almost lose my child while I was pregnant and had to be seen in the hospital to prevent from losing my son. I don't want my son around him to ruin my son's life. He won't leave me alone and I'm scared that he wants to hurt my son just to get back at me.
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

I would not allow him on the certificate because that means he is then bio father and can seek legal custody and visitation.Just say no here and dodge him as long as you can.He is trying to serve you and seek his court ordered rights here.Thats why is trying to get your address.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He has been contacting my family to get in touch with me. I recently moved and I'm afraid he is trying to find me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could he request to the court to get his name on the birth certificate? If so do I have any say so in that?
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

I think he is too likely filed for custody and visitation and needs your address for service.Lay low here you'll be fine.

He has to serve you here otherwise he cannot have a hearing.

I wish you the best thanks for rating 5 stars.