Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have a visitation question

Customer Question
I have a visitation question
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
10/1/2017
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Ask away here, thanks..

I did not finish

No problem just post your question be happy to help on line here.

I went to pick up my kids from their dad after visitation. They didnt want to go with me . I called the sherriff. They spoke to the kids. They tokd me the kids dont want to go and we wont get involved. Please call me(###) ###-####what are all my options and how old do they have to be to refuse to come home. He has beem telling them they can live with him. They are 13 11 10 and 8
I need to know what options he has also.
I have full custody.

So here he is in contempt for not returning the kids.He would have to motion to modify custody here.You have to decide if you want to go to court for contempt.Any child say 11 or older here can tell the court in custody modification who they want to live with and judge will give it some consideration.

You have option here to take this to court for contempt here, the father failed to return the kids and is in breach.if he files to modify custody it's s 50-50% he might get them.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.Sorry this happened to you.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer