Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Is there a template of the form to ask that the tenant move…

Customer Question
Is there a template...

Is there a template of the form to ask that the tenant move out?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He has been my boyfriend. I let him move in this past Spring because he had quit his job and needed help while looking for work elsewhere. He still has not found a job, sits around all day drinking beer and smoking cigarettes. I have had enough. Can't help someone who won't help themselves anymore.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
10/1/2017
Family Lawyer: KLAW, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer
Good morning. I am a legal expert who will assist you today
Does he pay rent
Good morning.The forms you need to evict a roommate are available at the court.In Georgia to process the dispossessory warrant, you will need to go to your county court and get the forms necessary to fill out and serve on him.
Here is a link to the affidavit you need to serve on him to start the process.
https://eforms.com/images/2016/01/Georgia-Dispossory-Proceeding-Affidavit.pdf
If he still will not leave after serving the affidavit on him, you will need a warrant.You must go to either the Dispossessory Office in your county---if it has one---- or the Magistrate Court office to file the necessary forms. There is a filing fee involved. Once the warrant is filed, the Marshal will attempt one of three types of service:
1) Tack and mail: Tack and mail: The Marshal will simply tack one copy to the door and send the other through the mail. This is the most common type of service.
2) Personal: The named defendant is served in person by the Marshal. This type of service is usually made only on request of the plaintiff/landlord at the time of filing.
3) Notorious: Someone of legal age, other than the named defendant, residing at the address accepts service of the warrant.
He then has 7 days after service to file an answer, and trial will generally be 7 days after that. If he does not file an answer in court, you can ask the court for a default judgment and a Writ of Possession to give to the sheriff, and they will evict him.I hope this clarifies. Please don't forget to rate the question with stars so that I will receive credit and payment for assisting you with your question.
If you have any other questions please just ask
KLAW
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer