Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

The mother of my children took me off child support when i…

The mother of my...

The mother of my children took me off child support when i living with her. I moved out to find a better job and so that i could be closer to my job. I want to know if it permanent.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Iowa

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No not yet

9/30/2017
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

was the court order ever vacated/terminated?

Did you still need assistance on the above?

I believe it was vacated

Fortunately if it is vacated it has no legal effect because once it is vacated it no longer has any force. Rather if the situation changes so that child support is appropriate the parent would need to file a petition for child support and the court may only order that retroactive to the date the request is filed and served on the obligor.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer