Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My wife admitted to adultery @ our divorce hearing, we have…

Customer Question
My wife admitted to...

My wife admitted to adultery @ our divorce hearing, we have already, signed, I guess, it's called a Divorce Decree,dividing things, and both agreed in court. The Judge, said we could not get married or things like that until a year is up. She gave her maiden name back. The only reason she even came, was to get the maiden name back. Why, was it no ended YESTERDAY. She left 11MAY17. It was a non-contested divorce and everyone, tells me to be careful, what I do ! WHY.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

South Carolina

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

He, I think was most of the problem. He said we needed to have a collaborating witness; He called my oldest son, I ask him, did he have call him to testify against his Mother; He said if not, we may loose; This is after she admitted, to adultery.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I'm a Deacon at my church; But may I take a Lady, out to Supper, with worry ?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/30/2017
Family Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am sorry to hear this; for no fault divorces there is a one year waiting period per code 20-3-10(5).

The only way around this is to allege in the petition a fault based ground for the divorce. If adultery is proven to the court's satisfaction then the adulterer cannot receive alimony.

Post separation dating can give rise to allegations that the relationship started during the marriage, so the general rule of thumb is not to date during the pending period.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here:

LegalGems
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer