Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

In divorce wife assumed home mortgage has made all payments…

Customer Question
In divorce wife assumed...

In divorce wife assumed home mortgage has made all payments on time, but cannot qualify to refinance.can she lose home and property.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Yes, divorce has been final for two years all payments made on time wife owns property husband has loan on the mobile home. The wife received mobile home and property in a divorce.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can wife lose property due to not being able to qualify?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/29/2017
Family Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question...did the divorce decree address this?

If so, what did it say?

The wife shall have in fee simple the land and outbuildings known as the marital residence the motor shop the beauty salon located at 1081 lawsond pond RD. Morven Ga.. The contents furniture and furnishings in the marital residence.... Should there be a debt owed in the name of one of the parties and the other party has assumed payment that debt as provided here in the party assuming the debt will make every reasonable effort to refinance the debt solely in his or her name and remove the other from the financial obligation?