Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Ive already had custody but was going thru modification of…

Customer Question
Ive already had custody...

Ive already had custody but was going thru modification of parenting plan and other party is fighting me for custody. And I accidentally failed to show for custody hearing on 19th when I called ahead of time and the court clerk told me hearing was cancelled. So other party, my kids father was awarded sole custody. I tried to go to court yesterday and print the judgment but theres no judgment yet, the judge was about to sign it. Also, theres some kind of settlement I saw in the records but I don't own anything worth a settlement and I never had a agreement. Kids father is supposed to start custody Saturday. What can I do at this point I wonder

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

Oregon

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I have and he saw same as me that in court records the hearing on 19th was cancelled. but crazy thing is that it wasn't.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just want to see what i could do in a short time since other party gets kids. but i never seen judgment i just printed the judges memos

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/29/2017
Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Do you know why the clerk told you the hearing was cancelled? Did you receive notice of the hearing? What made you call the clerk of court to check on the hearing?