Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer
Experience:  18 years of litigation experience.
18321761

If cps ask me and my girlfriend to submit a drug test and I

Customer Question

If cps ask me and my girlfriend to submit a drug test and I refuse but she passes the test what can they do??
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

One more moment.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

CPS will assume that the only reason you didn't want to test is that you, unlike your girlfriend, will test positive. So they typically would not just drop the issue. To the contrary -- they must complete their investigation. They can bring the matter into court to get an order requiring you to test.

The good news is that if they do that, you can get a lawyer and contest the need for it. The bad news is that judges tend to side with CPS in matters like this and the odds are high that you'd be forced to submit to a hair follicle test.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do I go about filing a complaint on cps, or some type of harassment?
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

CPS is mandated by law to investigate every allegation of child abuse or neglect, whether it turns out to be unfounded or not. This is what they are required by law to do. If you don't like the way that they are handling the matter, you can of course file a complaint about them, but they have the right to investigate an open matter and filing a complaint will probably have no effect on that.

Here is where you'd file the complaint in the state of Kentucky.

http://chfs.ky.gov/os/omb/