Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am legally married to a man that I have not seen in 22…

Customer Question
I am legally married...

I am legally married to a man that I have not seen in 22 years. He is remarried right now since 2012. But has been married to at least 3 other women since we split in 1995. I have been in contact with his current wife through facebook. She says that he doesn't know me. But told me to send the paperwork to them. I have received the certified mail return slip that shows they signed for it on September 16th. I am trying to figure out what my next move is. I have not received a signed waiver

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Oklahoma

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No. I cannot afford an attorney at this time.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I need to know what I can do now to expedite this issue.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/28/2017
Family Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

What are hoping to achieve? What do you want from his current spouse?