Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I filed a motion to modify child support but now have a job…

Customer Question
I filed a motion...

I filed a motion to modify child support but now have a job and want to stop it how can i do that

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No just need that question answered

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/28/2017
Family Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. You will probably want to file a motion to dismiss. You can get some 28 line pleading paper, which is typically a Microsoft Word template, and then just make your motion to dismiss your modification for child support. You will need to file it in the court where you made the motion originally and the judge will likely approve it in your case. Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.