Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I wantto know how can cps actually take your cvhildren from…

Customer Question
I wantto know how...

I wantto know how can cps actually take your cvhildren from your family members home without a warrant or report of abuse and the parents were never arrested nor charges nor convicted of child .abuse.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Stockton, ca.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Well theygave me a public defender that never answered my calls never let me ask questions or object nor did they ever let me defend my self

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes this has been going on since 2006 i havent seen my daughter since she was 11 and she was also abused by her foster mother whom put my child out in a lighting storm on a farm , also made my children paint her house when she was seven and build a deck in over 100 degree heat

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/28/2017
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 10 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Your Question:

i wantto know how can cps actually take your cvhildren from your family members home without a warrant or report of abuse and the parents were never arrested nor charges nor convicted of child .abuse.

Response: Under California Welfare and Institutions Code, Article 7 a peace officer can remove the children from the home without a warrant if he finds that the children are in danger or being abused. The peace officer can also contact CPS to remove the children from the home.

Best wishes,