Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Turned full retirement age of 66 last year and my ex has a…

Customer Question
Turned full retirement age...

Turned full retirement age of 66 last year and my ex has a gentleman who has income 10+ yrs.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

MA

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Cant afford a lawyer...what do I do

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The fact that I cant afford to pay one

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/27/2017
Family Lawyer: Sue, Family Law Attorney replied 10 months ago
Sue
Sue, Family Law Attorney

Hello, welcome to the site. I’m here to help you today. I am a licensed attorney with over 35 years’ experience in family law. I’d like to review your question and perhaps do some research for a few minutes, type your answer and then I’ll be right back.

Sue

This is general information and not legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is formed. This is for educational purposes only.

I can help you better if you can let me know more about your question. You're saying you reached full retirement age of 66. Have you begun taking your Social Security (SS) benefits? Is your question about your ex's eligibility to take your SS benefit amount?

Sue