Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

If planning a divorce,and is a military vetran but was not…

If planning a divorce,and...

If planning a divorce,and is a military vetran but was not married to my present wife during any of my service is she entiled to any f my pension?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

South carolina

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

What do you mean

Lawyer's Assistant: What confuses you?

Anything filed

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I purchased a home with only my money wit only my name on it where do I stand on that

9/27/2017
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.While judges have broad discretion in how to divide property after a divorce, it sounds like your pension is you are separate property. If so, then a judge cannot touch it in the divorce. The same goes for your house. If the house is only in your name, and was paid for with your separate money, and did not marital money, then the house is yours as well and cannot be touched by the divorce judge.Does that answer your question(s)? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, please remember to provide a positive rating via the stars (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so it is much appreciated!). Thank you. :)
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
I BELIEVE YOU ANSWERED MY QUESTIONS
Thank you for using our service.