Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

If a couple applied for a marriage license in. Arizona. No I…

Customer Question
If a couple applied...

If a couple applied for a marriage license in

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No I wanted to know if it wasn't recorded are they legally married?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They applied for license got married before the year was up but never got a certificate because they didn't have the $28 are they married.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/27/2017
Family Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

The state only requires a license, not a certificate; please see code 25-120, 125 and 128

here:

http://www.azleg.gov/arsDetail/?title=25

A certificate is not statutorily required:

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.