Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

What is an amended MOU amending?

Customer Question
what is an amended MOU amending?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/27/2017
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Here it assumes there was an original Memorandum of Understanding(MOU) and that the parties wanted or needed to change terms here.It only changes the terms mentioned in the Amended MOU.Anything not referenced would remain in effect from the original one.It usually just changes a paragraph not a whole MOU.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

there is no original MOU
or i guess it could be the original divorce decree

Then it could be amended divorce decree and mistitled here.

Ok, thank you. and is an audit a possibility?

Here this is amending the MOU, that was a an agreement from e mediated divorce, here is a sample one in Colorado.It should be in the divorce file.

http://www.coloradodivorcemediation.com/work_with/sample.htm

Yes an audit is possibility.

If a divorcing couple has no children, their Memorandum (referred to above) and the required forms can be mailed in to the Court without the assistance of lawyers and no Court appearance is necessary. If a couple has children, this is still the case if they have lawyers and the lawyers review and sign on behalf of each of the parties. (Recent changes to Colorado's divorce laws may require an informal “status conference” in most cases. See our article on new Colorado divorce laws and process for more details about these changes.)

If a couple has children, but have chosen to proceed without the assistance of lawyers, at least one of the couple with children is required to appear in Court for a brief hearing (called a “non-contested” hearing). At that brief hearing, the family law judge or magistrate considers all of their paperwork and agreements. Colorado law requires this hearing (when the parties have children but have not had the formal guidance of lawyers) for the Court to scrutinize the appropriateness of the parties’ parenting plan and/or child support arrangements.

There would have been an MOU signed by all parties as result of divorce mediation.

Thanks and thanks for rating 5 stars.Have a great evening.

your awesome! helped a lot! have a good night!

Take care always a pleasure.

Stars are at top of page, thanks for rating.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer