Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I live in AZ but my husband lives in AL. I hired a process…

Customer Question
I live in AZ...

I live in AZ but my husband lives in AL. I hired a process server to have him served divorce papers, but his mother accepted them on his behalf and the service was considered substituted service. Will Maricopa County Superior Court (I live in MC) accept it before finalizing my divorce?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Alabama

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Cannot afford one

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/26/2017
Family Lawyer: RayAnswers, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Does the proof of service state he was served or the mother?