Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My daughter recently had her parental rights for her

Customer Question
My daughter recently had...

My daughter recently had her parental rights for her daughter terminated, and KY SUPREME COURT denied looking into case. Some important information was lost and not all the fact were presented. Key professional witnesses were not allowed to testify. is there any recourse?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ky

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

A letter was received stating the Supreme would not hear the case.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/26/2017
Family Lawyer: JD 1992, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Please allow me several minutes to read your facts and type my response both initially and when you add a follow up question or add facts. Please don't ask "are you there", etc., since when you post it can erase what I am working on. If we are having a conversation unless I tell you I am going offline, I will be here but I may be doing research.

If you receive a notice or email regarding a phone call for an extra price that comes directly from the website and not from me and I have no control over the sending of the notice or email. I don't take part in the telephone program and only work through this format and under your facts this format should be sufficient.

The first step is to ask the KY Supreme Court to reconsider their decision not to hear the case. Then, if they don't, you can take the case into the federal system (possibly) and you could go to the US Supreme Court.

A decision on what court to go to next would require you to visit with an appellate attorney so they can look at all the paperwork, review the facts, etc.

JD 1992
JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer