Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I need advice on how to get custody of my niece. She called…

Customer Question
Hi I need advice...

Hi I need advice on how to get custody of my niece. She called me the other night saying the police were at her dads house and they searched the house and found drug stuff, she was in the house when this happened. They arrested her dad and her mom picked her up when I finally got ahold of her. So at this time she is safe but my sister dose not want her, she wants to transfer custody to my wife and I. Dose She have the legal right and will we have issues with the dad or will that be sufficient to find him unfit?

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Wisconsin

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I think that is everything

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/26/2017
Family Lawyer: Longhorn Lawyer, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Longhorn Lawyer

So the mother and father are not married?

Does a custody order already exist? If so, what is it?