Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I'm trying to find out the steps for challenging an

Customer Question
I'm trying to find...

I'm trying to find out the steps for challenging an adoption

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Massachusetts

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It's kind of a long story what went down before and after the adoption and now since the adoption new things have come to light that we feel may be able to get the child back into our lives again and we also feel that the child is not in a safe location at this time and we would like her to be with family now

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/26/2017
Family Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Would have counsel identify the issues by letter and then pursue the matter in court asking an order voiding it.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Ideally, By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”