Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

After a custody has been established and the father's mother

Customer Question
After a custody has been...
After a custody has been established and the father's mother keeps filing again and again and the judge states " I think we will leave things (custody) the way they are and they keep filing ( some lawyers keep filing for money reasons is all I can figure) can a harrassment charge be filed???
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Mason county Kentucky
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I have a lawyer but it entered my mind that they are reaching the point of harrassment if the judge has done ruled. Just wanted another opinion.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: All is pushed by the mother as the male can not read and write, has seizures, has been recorded as being violent.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/26/2017
Family Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. I’m sorry to hear about your situation. Unfortunately, you can’t sue for harassment specifically; you can only get a restraining order potentially if you feel you are going to be harmed physically. On the other hand, there is something you could do. If she files again and if the judge finds in your favor, you should request that the judge dismiss the action with prejudice. This means that they would not be able to bring another case based on those same issues. They would be barred from doing so forever. Your jurisdiction probably allows for this to happen and it is up to the judge whether they do this, but if you can cite all of these previous unsuccessful filings, then you will be good to go.

Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.

Legal Eagle, Lawyer