Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am currently the custodian parent of two children and I…

Hi I am currently the...
Hi I am currently the custodian parent of two children and I reside here in California. According to the divorce papers, my ex-husband and I have joint legal and I have primary Residential custody. He and I have not been in communication with one another as he had been estranged from our family for four years prior to the completion of the divorce. He recently wrote me a certified letter stating his displeasure for not receiving the boys during holidays as agreed upon in the court documents (completed in New Jersey). In his missive he levels are charged against me I have "refused" to comply with the visitation Arrangement. However, I question the charge as I am curious to know how it is to be determined that I have refused. I have never heard from him since the divorce hearing.
9/25/2017
Infolawyer, Lawyer
On review of your facts, you have a good case. he cannot take such a psition where no court order requires it. You or your lawyer can reject it on that basis. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
He has written a letter simply making statements. Does it require action on my or my lawyers part?
You can do nothing. Burden on him but lacks basis!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Acceptable thank you
Thanks! Kindly rate me five stars.
Infolawyer, Lawyer