Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Son had a party and someone got killed they say they just…

Customer Question
Hey my son had...

Hey my son had a party and someone got killed they say they just want to question my son do I need to take him up there without a lawyer

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Gbi is in town investigating and they came to the house and asked where were my son they need to question him

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just trying to figure out how to handle this

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/25/2017
Family Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Additionally, most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

I’m sorry to hear about your situation. I’m very sorry to hear about this person’s death as well. My recommendation would be to take a lawyer up there with you. The reason is because a lawyer will be able to advise your son of his rights so he doesn’t end up admitting to something. As you know, anything a person says can and will be used against them in a court of law. Even if your son had nothing to do with the death, it doesn’t mean that he wouldn’t be charged with some crime, including a homicide. The penalties as I’m sure you know are very severe. Generally, your son has the right to remain silent and your attorney would be able to adequately advise him of this to prevent his arrest. Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.