Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am 32 years old. I am wondering how i can sue my father…

Customer Question
I am 32 years...

I am 32 years old. I am wondering how i can sue my father for back child support that he never paid after my parents were divorced. he was in and out of my life and a drug addict/ alcoholic.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Washington

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/25/2017
Family Lawyer: ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. To be clear, was there a court order at some point saying that he had to pay child support, and therefore there's a certain amount of "arrears" that have built up since then?

Did you see my follow up question to your issue?

I see you have not responded in some time. Did you wish to continue with this question?