Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am a defendant in a civil case and recently received

Customer Question
I am a defendant...

I am a defendant in a civil case and recently received notice for mediation. Is this court ordered by the superior court of LA county? I ask because I need time to look for representation.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the court order was issued in?

California, Los Angeles County

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes the case has been filed and I responded through hiring a limited scope lawyer

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is it imperative that I get representation during mediation?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/25/2017
Family Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Additionally, most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

Ely, Counselor at Law