Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am trying to figure out the parenting time percentage,

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to figure out the parenting time percentage, based on an anticipated schedule. Calculating by overnights, by hours (with or w/o school) and counting by days all produce a different number. If I provide the schedule, could a parenting time percentage be provided?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

CA- specifically San Diego County

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I have had a consult about the divorce process, yes, not about this subject

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Everything is going smoothly except for this. I am just hoping for some clarification on determining parenting time based on a schedule. Thank you.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/25/2017
Family Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I'm not able to provide calculations because that would require a detailed analysis which could be construed as legal advice; but I can provide the information so that the parenting time for child support purposes can be determined. Basically, CA will divide the total number of hours a child spends with 1 parent each year by 8,760, the number of hours in a year. That will determine the respective parenting time which can then be entered in the child support calculator to get an estimation of child support.

That calculator is here

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

Is the time the children are in school considered parenting time with the non - custodial parent?

School time counts towards the parent that has that child for the day under the order;

so for example, if mom has the child Mondays through Thursdays, from 8am to 4 pm; mom gets credit for all of those hours.

LegalGems
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer