Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am trying to see what i need in order to get something…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to see what i need in order to get something written up for sole custody of my daughter if possible

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not a lawyer but children services that have only told me i had to be within the state and to get a dna test to prove paternity first due to myself not being on the birth certificate

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Myself and the mother were never married

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/25/2017
Family Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

So to be clear;

the child was born when the parents were/are not married and paternity was never acknowledged? You are trying to get sole custody of the child that is currently in the biological mother's custody?