RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

There is a custody agreement in place that my ex will see

There is a custody agreement in place that my ex will see the child on the days that I am available to drop the child off during the week days that am not working. My ex also can have the child one weekend day that I have to get notified off 5 days before. But i do work weekends once a months. So my ex insists on having the child specifically that weekend day that I have work. I provided the alternative days that I will be able to drop the child off. ( in the agreement the child can be dropped off and pick up by father and mother only). My ex keeps telling me that its not his problem and I have to reschedule my work?
How can I solve this issue and how will the judge look at this?

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You need to file motion to modify parenting plan and seek to force the court to review and modify the orders.It clearly is a problem for you and you cannot miss work for this.If you give me your state I may be able to find you forms.Thanks

Judge here will tell him to pick another date because you have to work here.Ex is not being fair at all.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
How will the judge look at this issue?
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Am I being reasonable by providing other available dates for this months?

I think he would agree with you that there are other options to allow you to go to work and yes you are being reasonable the ex is not.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Ok. Thank you.