Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

There is a custody agreement in place that my ex will see

the child on the days...
There is a custody agreement in place that my ex will see the child on the days that I am available to drop the child off during the week days that am not working. My ex also can have the child one weekend day that I have to get notified off 5 days before. But i do work weekends once a months. So my ex insists on having the child specifically that weekend day that I have work. I provided the alternative days that I will be able to drop the child off. ( in the agreement the child can be dropped off and pick up by father and mother only). My ex keeps telling me that its not his problem and I have to reschedule my work?
How can I solve this issue and how will the judge look at this?
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/25/2017
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You need to file motion to modify parenting plan and seek to force the court to review and modify the orders.It clearly is a problem for you and you cannot miss work for this.If you give me your state I may be able to find you forms.Thanks

Judge here will tell him to pick another date because you have to work here.Ex is not being fair at all.

How will the judge look at this issue?
Am I being reasonable by providing other available dates for this months?

I think he would agree with you that there are other options to allow you to go to work and yes you are being reasonable the ex is not.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Ok. Thank you.
RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer