P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including family law.
11181181

I am fostering to adopt in Louisiana. Our case is complex.

I am fostering to adopt in Louisiana. Our case is complex. The children had a psychological evaluation on order by the judge. I have journals and copies on conduct reports from the school on one of the children's behaviors and meltdowns. A lawyer for one of the child, Boy 1, asked the psychologist how he based his report. His report was based on the readings of my journals. Now this lawyer wants to see my journals. Do I have to legally hand them over.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Louisiana
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not about the journals
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Are you in discovery?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
No we are in trial with repeated continuances.

Thanks
What you are describing, I would expect the judge would order these notes released as part of discovery. If the journals were used by the doctor in evaluating the child? That material is relevant to the case...and will be ordered released, when it comes time for discovery.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.