Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I live in Florida. I just got back down after the hurricane…

Customer Question
I live in Florida...

I live in Florida. I just got back down after the hurricane and my husband won't let me have my SUV back.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Planning to this week. He also said not to come home. I'm at my parents helping them for a couple days here. Looks like I need to file temporary spousal support (he won't give me any money and I'm unable to work) and use of the home and vehicle. He has his own car but it needs a battery that's why he's using mine.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My husband owns his own company and makes fairly good money. He acts like he has none through how he pays himself. He tells IRS he makes $25,000 a year while his company taxes show $500,000 or more. He runs all his personal buying through his company which is an S Corp. oh and he has sexual spending habit. I just checked before I left and took pictures where he's spent over $6,000 in less than 3 months on live web cams. He spends money on that but won't provide food,gas or money for doctors for me.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Family Law
9/24/2017
Family Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Additionally, most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

Ok, I had a chance to review your situation. What specific questions did you have for me here?