Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Can i be put up for contempt charges if i havent recieved…

Customer Question
Can i be put...

Can i be put up for contempt charges if i havent recieved the findings for do novo hearing

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Pennsylvania

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Just a public defender

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/24/2017
Family Lawyer: Thelawman2, Attorney replied 11 months ago
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Is there a court order currently in place?

And what is the de novo review about? Could you give me a little more detail about what is happening in this case?

I contested the findings of the child support that my x brought against me. I have had another child since the case was open

And what is the contempt order focusing on. Is it that you violated the child support order because you believed it should be modified due to the new child?